Re: Installing PostgreSQL on OSX Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Wolfgang Keller
Subject Re: Installing PostgreSQL on OSX Server
Date
List pgsql-general
> I have installed and configured PostgreSQL on Windows, FreeBSD, and a
> few Linux flavors, but never OSX. I have the basic directions
> (http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community/pginst-guide) and
> found a couple of articles / blogs, but really I'm not an Apple guy
> so I don't want to miss anything or screw anything up.
>
> Is there anything I should watch out for? I have some wiggle room
> (this is a development server at first), but I'd rather not break
> anything.

I would stay away from MacPorts.

The last time I have been working with PostgreSQL on MacOS X, I used
the installer from

http://www.postgresqlformac.com/

There's also a different approach, that I've never tried:

http://postgresapp.com/

Sincerely,

Wolfgang