Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Improve concurrency of foreign key locking - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Improve concurrency of foreign key locking
Date
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Improve concurrency of foreign key locking
List pgsql-hackers
On 01/23/2013 10:12 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Improve concurrency of foreign key locking

This error message change looks rather odd, and has my head spinning a bit:

-                    errmsg("SELECT FOR UPDATE/SHARE cannot be applied
to the nullable side of an outer join")));
+                    errmsg("SELECT FOR UPDATE/SHARE/KEY UPDATE/KEY
SHARE cannot be applied to the nullable side of an outer join")))

Can't we do better than that?

(It's also broken my FDW check, but I'll fix that when this is sorted out)

cheers

andrew