Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command fromrecovery.conf or command line - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexey Kondratov
Subject Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command fromrecovery.conf or command line
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Andrey,

Thank you for your reply.

> I think it is better to load restore_command from recovery.conf.
Yes, it seems to be the most native way. That's why I needed this
rewritten (mostly copy-pasted) frontend-safe version of parser (guc-file.l).

> I didn't actually try patch yet, but the idea seems interesting. Will
> you add it to the commitfest?
I am willing to add it to the November commitfest, but I have some
concerns regarding frontend version of GUC parser. Probably, it is
possible to refactor guc-file.l to use it on both front- and backend.
However, it requires usage of IFDEF and mocking up ereport for frontend,
which is a bit ugly.

--
Alexey Kondratov

Postgres Professional: https://www.postgrespro.com