Re: [BUGS]log can not be output when use DataSource - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From dmp
Subject Re: [BUGS]log can not be output when use DataSource
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Chen,

Could you and possibly while considering the new possible bug you found with
copying DataSource do a more through review of the BaseDataSource class?

Then upon a review submit a complete patch to address not only the logLevel, but
any other issues you may find. In this way Dave may not have to deal with
this bug in a piecemeal fashion. You could also include with the complete
patch(s) the modification for Driver.NONE = 0 also, since I think you are
correct with this.

The reason I ask this is upon your discovery and my looking at that class
I suspect that some of the other parameters beside logLevel also have similar
problem. Also I think it best to deal with one issue at a time, so deal
with the original bug first, while considering the second then we can deal
with the copy/clone DataSource.

I think the patch you did send in today is the correct approach for logLevel.
Also a DataSource should in being cloned probably copy the current properties,
but that is only my first thought without review and full understanding.

danap.