Re: [BUGS]log can not be output when use DataSource - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Chen Huajun
Subject Re: [BUGS]log can not be output when use DataSource
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
> I would not expect it to copy the loglevel property. Why do you expect this behaviour, is there a specification that
youcan refer me to ?

I have not that specification, i just think it seems to be reasonable since
PgJDBC manual(*1) said it will create a "a new instance with the same settings".

*1)http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/head/jndi.html

In this case,loglevel may not be a good sample, in consideration of it does not be listed in manual(*2),but "ssl" does.

*2)http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/head/ds-cpds.html

Sample for "ssl" looks like that.

PGPoolingDataSource source = new PGPoolingDataSource();
source.setSsl(true);
initialContext.rebind("DataSource", source);

BaseDataSource source2 = (BaseDataSource) initialContext.lookup("DataSource");
System.out.println(source2.getSsl());//the result is false

Chen Huajun