Re: performance problem of Failover Datasource? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Chen Huajun
Subject Re: performance problem of Failover Datasource?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi

I have made a new patch(with my test). Please give a look.
It support the following features
1) performance improve for fail over by avoiding dead hosts.
2) simple load balance by picking up the first host from multiple valid hosts randomly.
3) ability of choosing master or slave to connect to.

And in the patch, three connection parameters were added.

targetServerType = String
Specifies what kind of server to connect.The value should be one of the following:
  any
  master
  slave
  slavefirst (Try connecting to the slaves first.If failed try the master)
The default is 'any'.

enableLoadBalance = boolean
Enable or disable load balance when multiple hosts were specified;If load balance is enabled,specified multiple hosts
willbe picked up randomly.
The default is false.

failedHostCheckPeriod = int
Specifies period(seconds) to check whether the failed hosts had been repaired, when load balance is enabled; 0 means
nevercheck.
The default is 600 seconds.

--
Best Regards,