Re: performance problem of Failover Datasource? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Chen Huajun
Subject Re: performance problem of Failover Datasource?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Thanks for you advise.
I will try to  made a new patch and add load balance supporting.

--
Best Regards,
Chen Huajun

(2012/12/16 0:19), Scott Harrington wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Dec 2012, Chen Huajun wrote:
>
>> In this patch,I use Collections.synchronizedSet to synchronize within multi-threads. But i worry about locking
operationis a litter frequent by Collections.synchronizedSet and may affect
>> performance. I think using keword "synchronized" explicitly instead of Collections.synchronizedSet may reduce times
oflocking.Is there any better suggestion?

>> In addition, I have a idea. By adjusting the order of hosts we also can implement a simple load balance while all of
thehosts are master or read only slave. For example: Basically pick up the
>> server randomly.If one server had dead remove it from the candidates, and retry the next server. And after a
while(canbe configured) re-add the dead host to the candidates because the dead server
>> may had been repaired.
>>
>> What about that?
>
> Perhaps instead you could abstract this logic into a org.postgresql.util.HostChooser interface, which would replace
theHostSpec[] array that currently gets passed around.

> Something like this, which doesn't require synchronization but rather stores a single volatile index of the "last
knowngood" server address (warning: coding off the top of my head).