Re: NOTIFY/LISTEN on server, asynchronous processing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sim Zacks
Subject Re: NOTIFY/LISTEN on server, asynchronous processing
Date
List pgsql-general
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
    body p { margin-bottom: 0cm; margin-top: 0pt; }

    bidimailui-detected-decoding-type="latin-charset" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"
    text="#000000">
    I have experience with LIsten/Notify
      and as you mention the only problem is that I need a server side
      client that calls the listen and then calls a db function on the
      notify.

      One thought I had to do this completely in the database is to
      right notify code in plpython similar to
        charset=ISO-8859-1">
      <a

href="http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/LISTEN-NOTIFY-and-python-td1878518.html">http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/LISTEN-NOTIFY-and-python-td1878518.html
      Then I could call the function on db startup and have it call the
      appropriate function whenever notify is called. It would probably
      be easier to write the function in C, but I don't have experience
      in copiling a C function that will run in the database.

      This would be a completely postgresql solution.

      Sim