Re: database corruption questions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: database corruption questions
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/14/2012 12:02 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:

> Is there an article somewhere about how best to do a plug-pull test?
> Or is it as simple as "fire up pgbench, kill the power, bring things
> back up, and see if anything isn't working"?

That's what I'd do and what I've always done in the past, but others
here are much more experienced with testing gear into production.

You can also use pg_test_fsync and diskchecker.pl . See:

   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/wal-reliability.html

I do repeated plug-pull tests and make sure fsync is being honoured.

--
Craig Ringer