Re: strange permission error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mr Dash Four
Subject Re: strange permission error
Date
List pgsql-general
> You caused it yourself, then.  Don't do that.  (Or if you must,
> it's your own responsibility to fix things when they break.  But
> preventing read access to pg_catalog seems pretty crippling.)

I don't want arbitrary program to have access to the system catalogue
and read willy-nilly, thanks.

> FWIW, it's probably the "'user: ' || u_name" expressions that result
> in this specific failure.

I found what is the cause of this - I had to add an explicit cast on all
text expressions, like "user: "::text as well as u_name::text. That way
the problem goes away, so it should.