Re: strange permission error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: strange permission error
Date
List pgsql-general
Mr Dash Four <mr.dash.four@googlemail.com> writes:
> In my database I have restricted access to a particular user
> (non-superuser), which is used when a cron job passes a series of sql
> script files for execution via psql. During one such statement (below) I
> get the following set of error:

> ERROR:  permission denied for schema pg_catalog
> CONTEXT:  SQL function "textanycat" during inlining
> STATEMENT:  COPY  ( SELECT v FROM dandy.audit_v ) TO STDOUT ;

> What is causing the above permission error? I have deliberately
> restricted user access to pg_catalog

You caused it yourself, then.  Don't do that.  (Or if you must,
it's your own responsibility to fix things when they break.  But
preventing read access to pg_catalog seems pretty crippling.)

FWIW, it's probably the "'user: ' || u_name" expressions that result
in this specific failure.

            regards, tom lane