Re: Need help with a special JOIN - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Victor Sterpu
Subject Re: Need help with a special JOIN
Date
List pgsql-sql
This is a way to do it, but things will change if you have many
attributes/object

SELECT o.*, COALESCE(a1.value, a2.value)
FROM objects AS o
LEFT JOIN attributes AS a1 ON (a1.object_id = o.id)
LEFT JOIN attributes AS a2 ON (a2.object_id = 0);