Re: Switching timeline over streaming replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From md@rpzdesign.com
Subject Re: Switching timeline over streaming replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh:

The good part is you are the first person to ask for a copy
and I will send you the hook code that I have and you can be a good sport
and put it on GitHub, that is great, you can give us both credit for a
joint effort, I do the code,
you put it GitHub.

The not so good part is that the community has a bunch of other trigger work
and other stuff going on, so there was not much interest in non-WAL
replication hook code.

I do not have time to debate implementation nor wait for release of 9.3
with my needs not met, so I will just keep patching the hook code into
whatever release
code base comes along.

The bad news is that I have not implemented the logic of the external
replication daemon.

The other good and bad news is that you are free to receive the messages
from the hook code
thru the unix socket and implement replication any way you want and the
bad news is that you are free
to IMPLEMENT replication any way you want.

I am going to implement master-master-master-master SELF HEALING
replication, but that is just my preference.
Should take about a week to get it operational and another week to see
how it works in my geographically dispersed
servers in the cloud.

Send me a note if it is ok to send you a zip file with the source code
files that I touched in the 9.2 code base so you
can shove it up on GitHub.

Cheers,

marco