Re: Change in Log Format and Prepared Statements - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Alexander Stanier
Subject Re: Change in Log Format and Prepared Statements
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
knowwhat the three durations specifically represent? Presumably two of them are the time to prepare and execute the
statement?What's the third? Is the overall execution time the sum of the three (or two in some cases)?<br /><br /> It
wouldbe useful to have one summary time for the overall execution of each statement as before. We wrote a little Java
programwhich analyses log file based on a statement followed by single duration (and outputs the most frequent, the
slowestand most costly queries). We could rewrite the program to cope with the new format if needs be but if we can get
asingle duration it would save us some work. I don't mind using prepared statements if there really is no overhead and
class="moz-cite-prefix">On17/09/2012 06:15, Craig Ringer wrote:<br /></div><blockquote
cite="mid:5056B201.5020809@ringerc.id.au"type="cite">On 09/14/2012 03:24 AM, Dave Cramer wrote: <br /><blockquote
type="cite">Yes,the new driver uses V3 protocol which uses prepared statements, <br /> named and un-named. I think the
entirelythrilled with the effects on logging. <br /><br /> I wonder if Pg can be convinced to suppress the
non-executiontimes, or merge them to report a single statement execution time. I'll poke -hackers. <br /><br /> -- <br
Formore information please visit <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR:#ffffff">This message has been scanned for malware by SurfControl plc. </font><a
href="http://www.surfcontrol.com/"><fontcolor="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR:
#ffffff">www.surfcontrol.com</font></a>