Re: Change in Log Format and Prepared Statements - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Change in Log Format and Prepared Statements
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 09/14/2012 03:24 AM, Dave Cramer wrote:
> Yes, the new driver uses V3 protocol which uses prepared statements,
> named and un-named. I think the 3 durations may be due to the prepare
> and execute.

I noticed this as well, and wasn't entirely thrilled with the effects on
logging.

I wonder if Pg can be convinced to suppress the non-execution times, or
merge them to report a single statement execution time. I'll poke -hackers.

--
Craig Ringer