Re: Postgresql-8.4 won't boot at startup on 9.10 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Whitney
Subject Re: Postgresql-8.4 won't boot at startup on 9.10
Date
List pgsql-admin
Will PG start at all? Manually, even? I'd say "go back to clean," first of all
by removing your from-source install, and reinstall the apt-get packages.

At that point, can you start postgres at all? If not, what do you system logs
and postgres startup logs say?