Re: pg_upgrade test mods for Windows/Mingw - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pg_upgrade test mods for Windows/Mingw
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 09/03/2012 09:16 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 09/02/2012 11:53 PM, Gurjeet Singh wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 11:29 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net
>> <mailto:andrew@dunslane.net>> wrote:
>>
>>     The attached patch is what I had to do to get pg_upgrade's "make
>>     check" to run on Windows under Mingw. Mostly the changes have to
>>     do with getting paths right between Windows and MSys, or calling
>>     generated .bat files instead of shell scripts.
>>

>> When reading shell script code like this
>>
>> `uname -a | sed 's/.* //'` = Msys
>>
>> and
>>
>> sed -i -e 's,/,\\,g' -e 's,\\s\\q ,/s/q ,' delete_old_cluster.bat
>> 2>/dev/null

BTW, this last one is a hack. pg_upgrade should make sure that it
outputs backslashed paths for rmdir. (In general, the Windows runtime is
quite happy to accept forward-slashed paths, but certain builtin
commands, such as rmdir are not).

cheers

andrew