Re: String comparision in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: String comparision in PostgreSQL
Date
Re: String comparision in PostgreSQL  ("F. BROUARD / SQLpro" <sqlpro@club-internet.fr>)
List pgsql-general
On 08/30/2012 05:16 PM, Nicola Cisternino wrote:

> Thus the problem is that " .... collations are implemented using the
> operating system charset and locale support ... " while, other engines,
> implements collations internally ..... is it right ?

That's my understanding, but I don't know which other database systems
you're talking about because you've never specifically named any.

It's entirely possible that some other DBMSs use the system locale and
collation support with internal downcasing, for example.

All I know, I've already said, but I'm not an expert on Pg's innards.

--
Craig Ringer