Re: String comparision in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nicola Cisternino
Subject Re: String comparision in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Il 30/08/2012 12.45, Craig Ringer ha scritto:
On 08/30/2012 05:16 PM, Nicola Cisternino wrote:

Thus the problem is that " .... collations are implemented using the
operating system charset and locale support ... " while, other engines,
implements collations internally ..... is it right ?

That's my understanding, but I don't know which other database systems you're talking about because you've never specifically named any.

It's entirely possible that some other DBMSs use the system locale and collation support with internal downcasing, for example.

All I know, I've already said, but I'm not an expert on Pg's innards.

--
Craig Ringer
Tahnk you for replay.