Re: Font size control in edit data window - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Colin Beckingham
Subject Re: Font size control in edit data window
Date
List pgadmin-support

On 08/26/2012 03:23 AM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-08-15 at 09:55 -0400, Colin Beckingham wrote:
>> pgadmin latest dev from git, using wxw 2.9.4:
>>
>> I'm having an issue with font and font size in the edit data window

>> So in summary, a couple of thoughts:
>> 1. Is there any benefit to be gained from having two places to change
>> the fonts used on a page? In this case it seems to lead to problems. I
>> guess an alternative might be to autoadjust height based on data and not
>> line number.
>>

> I don't follow you here. There is only one way to change the font (in
> the options dialog).

I guess my point here is that there are two different controls for
display of fonts on a data grid.

1. from the main pgadmin window, File - Options - Browser - UI Misc.
This controls the size of the font for the row number and column titles
in the data grid.

2. from the main pgadmin window, File - Options - Query Tool - Query
editor also allows you to select a font family and size which controls
the display of data inside the data grid.

So when it comes to operations like row and column resizing you have a
potential conflict. If the two fonts are set to widely different sizes
this can lead to partly displayed information.

One way to ensure that you have no issues is to set both 1 and 2 to the
same font family and size and request data be displayed in bold. Then
resizing rows does not cover data. Alternatively if the font size for
data is smaller than the row number font then data display is not
covered during height operations.

This might be another case where having both controls on the same dialog
page would highlight the fact that there are two different controls and
that the right combination is important.

--
---
Colin Beckingham