Re: Font size control in edit data window - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Font size control in edit data window
List pgadmin-support
On Wed, 2012-08-15 at 09:55 -0400, Colin Beckingham wrote:
> pgadmin latest dev from git, using wxw 2.9.4:
>
> I'm having an issue with font and font size in the edit data window.
> Fonts and sizes, plus Ctrl+mouse wheel operations work fine, but
> attempting to autoadjust a line height leads to problems.
>
> In File - Options - Query Tool - Query Editor
> I have set the font to monospace 10. Good, the data opens with the right
> font and size. OK so far.
>
> The line number in the grid (left margin) appears to be the right (UI
> miscellaneous?

Yes.

> ) family and size but it is in bold

In bold to highlight the fact that it is not table's data.

> . OK. So now you hover
> the mouse over the bottom of the row and double click to get an
> automatic adjustment of the height of the row. This works for the line
> number which is properly displayed, but the row of data is clipped at
> the bottom. This means you have to readjust the line height larger
> again, which is ok on a line by line basis.
>
> As you dynamically mouse wheel the font larger clipping gets worse for
> all rows but particularly those which have been autoadjusted smaller.
> Mouse wheel font size adjustment is fine provided you have not tried to
> adjust a line height.

Yes. We suppose that, if you adjusted the line height, you want it to
keep it this way.

> Normal behaviour in spreadsheets is that when a range of rows is
> selected, the row height operates on all rows selected. In the data view
> when a range is selected, only the bottom row gets adjusted.

We could change that. I think it is just something we didn't think of.

> So in summary, a couple of thoughts:
> 1. Is there any benefit to be gained from having two places to change
> the fonts used on a page? In this case it seems to lead to problems. I
> guess an alternative might be to autoadjust height based on data and not
> line number.

I don't follow you here. There is only one way to change the font (in
the options dialog).

> 2. Row height change for the entire range?

+1. Added a ticket for this.

> 3. Option to reset line heights to default over a range?

Refresh data?

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info