Re: run function on server restart - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: run function on server restart
Date
List pgsql-general
"John D. West" <john.d.west@asu.edu> wrote:

> I have various background processes outside of postgres that need
> to be killed and restarted after the server reboots.

All of our applications are coded such that when they have an error
on a database connection, they check for a serialization failure or
a broken connection; if they find either they retry the database
transaction.  That would be my first recommendation.  (Well, second,
after identifying the causes of server crashes and fixing them.)

Are you running any monitoring applications which could trigger what
you want?

-Kevin