Re: Amazon High I/O instances - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Amazon High I/O instances
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/23/12 6:49 AM, Craig Ringer wrote:
> In this case, what he's doing is seeking generalized performance
> measurements. I don't think details were particularly necessary until
> it got pulled off-track.

"42"

performance measurements without a very narrow definition of
'performance' are useless.    depending on the nature of the application
workload, postgres can stress completely different aspects of the system
(cpu vs read IO performance vs write IO performance being the big three).