Re: Amazon High I/O instances - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Amazon High I/O instances
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/23/2012 07:39 PM, Vincent Veyron wrote:
> Le mercredi 22 août 2012 à 13:30 -0400, Sébastien Lorion a écrit :
>> Vincent, I would appreciate that you stop assuming things based on
>> zero information about what I am doing. I understand that you are
>> trying to be helpful, but I can assure you that going bare-metal only
>> does not make any sense in my context.
>

> Dude,
>
> I would appreciate you realize that approaching a newsgroup while
> providing zero information about what you are doing

In this case, what he's doing is seeking generalized performance
measurements. I don't think details were particularly necessary until it
got pulled off-track.

I'll be interested to hear if you have any results Sébastien, or if
anyone else does. It's good to have data on the increasingly popular
cloud platforms out there.

--
Craig Ringer