Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for contrib/sslinfo - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for contrib/sslinfo
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On 1 Dec 2021, at 12:49, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>
>> On 1 Dec 2021, at 07:19, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

>>> ... okay, so all we learned is that it really is an ENOENT failure.
>>>
>>> At this point my guess is that the test is copying the key file
>>> to the wrong place because of an MSys path issue.  I don't know
>>> that topic well enough to debug it, though.
>>
>> Daniel has pinged me about this issue.  From what I can see, c113d8ad
>> has changed 001_ssltests.pl so as the keys are not anymore relative
>> paths with *_tmp* names but absolute paths with the same key name, so
>> it seems to me that you should sprinkle some perl2host() calls in the
>> ${PostgreSQL::Test::Utils::tmp_check} paths to allow Msys to
>> understand them.  At quick glance, it looks like this is the first
>> time we'd pass down absolute paths to libpq within connection
>> strings in the TAP tests.
>
> I think that's a very plausible explanation, I'm currently experimenting with a
> patch that I will soon apply hoping that it will remedy the msys issue.  If it
> doesn't, I'll revert to copying inside ssl/ as before to return to the
> drawingboard for a proper fix.

Looks like perl2host() was the missing piece, fairywren turned green with
commit c3b34a0ff4.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I will draft
a small paragraph on this to the TAP test README for other to learn from.