Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for contrib/sslinfo - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for contrib/sslinfo
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On 1 Dec 2021, at 07:19, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 11:34:21PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>>> Oh, interesting, I hadn't realized that. I'll go do that instead then.
>>
>> ... okay, so all we learned is that it really is an ENOENT failure.
>>
>> At this point my guess is that the test is copying the key file
>> to the wrong place because of an MSys path issue.  I don't know
>> that topic well enough to debug it, though.
>
> Daniel has pinged me about this issue.  From what I can see, c113d8ad
> has changed 001_ssltests.pl so as the keys are not anymore relative
> paths with *_tmp* names but absolute paths with the same key name, so
> it seems to me that you should sprinkle some perl2host() calls in the
> ${PostgreSQL::Test::Utils::tmp_check} paths to allow Msys to
> understand them.  At quick glance, it looks like this is the first
> time we'd pass down absolute paths to libpq within connection
> strings in the TAP tests.

I think that's a very plausible explanation, I'm currently experimenting with a
patch that I will soon apply hoping that it will remedy the msys issue.  If it
doesn't, I'll revert to copying inside ssl/ as before to return to the
drawingboard for a proper fix.