Re: Add Metadata to Postgre SQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Add Metadata to Postgre SQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/14/12 4:32 AM, José Pedro Santos wrote:
> With the files should came metadata to describe what is inside the
> file. I can't put in the comment options because is not ISO standart
> that allow to produce metadata.
>
> I'm rookie with Postgre what do you mean by "stored in a text field of
> a table"? comment option?
>
> If exist one option in the table options called "Metadata" would be
> great because allow to insert all the information there.

you have a table with your data stored in it, right?   something like...

     create table myrasters (id serial, rasterdata bytea);   ?

well, add another text field, metadata, like...

     alter table myrasters add column metadata text;

and store your metadata there.