Re: E_BAD_ACCESS with palloc/pfree in base type - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: E_BAD_ACCESS with palloc/pfree in base type
Date
List pgsql-general
On Aug 31, 2007, at 3:02 , Gregory Stark wrote:

> "Michael Glaesemann" <grzm@seespotcode.net> writes:
>
>>     char * theDigits = malloc(sizeof(XTypeMaximumStringLength));
>>     char * subscriberNumber = malloc(XTypeMaximumStringLength);
>
> One of those two is wrong, I suspect the first one.

Thanks, Greg. It looks like that was it. Always good to have a fresh
pair of eyes.

> I wonder how you define
> XTypeMaximumStringLength as sizeof(<integer constant>) ought to give a
> compile-time error.

It's an enum value. I do have a few compiler warnings (no errors)
left to clean up, but that doesn't appear to be one of them.

Thanks again for your help!

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net