Re: Who puts the Windows binaries on the FTP server? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Who puts the Windows binaries on the FTP server?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
It's rumoured that Justin Clift once said:
> It's a simplified installation package of 7.3.1 with cygwin.  Put it
> together so we can get a feel for the packaging issues we'll need to
> take into account for the proper release of a 7.4 Windows version.

Yeah, but it won't will it? You're seeing all the normal Cygwin issues but
nicely hidden away I'll bet. Installing the native version will be easy,
as we won't be messing around with Cywin or CygIPC. I would expect to be
able to build an installer in about 15 minutes excluding the time taken to
make the installer's UI look purdy...
Regards, Dave.