Re: Reverse engineering PG database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Rosenberg
Subject Re: Reverse engineering PG database
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks.

We are alreaady using Dezign from Datanamic. Unfortunately, it does not handle the PG use of triggers to implement foreign key referential integrity. We can generate the PG database from Dezign without problem not using triggers for foreign keys.

Our main objective is to be able to implement changes in a production data base and then be able to update the model so that we have updated documentation and a model which can generate a script to create the database.

If the DB model program can create scripts to alter [non-destructively] a database based upon  changes to the model, then we could use this also.