Re: union query doubt: - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Frank Bax
Subject Re: union query doubt:
Date
List pgsql-sql
At 11:21 AM 12/11/02, javier garcia wrote:
>I've got a table with three fields: DATE, POINT, FLOW. The POINT field can
>have values among 1 and 6. So, for a same date I have six different points
>with the correspondings flows.
>I would like to make a query to obtain something like:
>DATE POINT1 POINT2 POINT3 POINT4 POINT5 POINT6
>
>where for a date I have the flows data of the different points.

SELECT date,
case when point = 1 then flow else 0 end as flow1,
case when point = 2 then flow else 0 end as flow2,
case when point = 3 then flow else 0 end as flow3,
case when point = 4 then flow else 0 end as flow4,
case when point = 5 then flow else 0 end as flow5,
case when point = 6 then flow else 0 end as flow6
from samples

There have been several messages recently about this - search on crosstab
or pivot - a couple of other options were presented.

Frank