Re: Non-linear Performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug Fields
Subject Re: Non-linear Performance
Date
List pgsql-general
At 08:11 AM 6/10/2002, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
>there is no speed overhead. I'd be interested to know how MVCC would be
>slowing anything down.

I'd be interested in being able to turn it off and see if it speeds
anything up. :)

I didn't mean to imply that I _know_ that it slows things down. What I do
know is that I a_ssume_ it does, and would like to be able to selectively
disable it - in the hope of gaining speed at certain points. I figure the
biggest speed gain will be because PostgreSQL can then skip writing
anything to the transaction log. But then again, I also do not _know_ that.

Cheers,

Doug