Re: The folding of unquoted names to lower case in - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lincoln Yeoh
Subject Re: The folding of unquoted names to lower case in
Date
List pgsql-general
At 01:50 PM 3/14/03 -0500, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

>On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 10:30:19AM -0700, scott.marlowe wrote:
> > It's a hackish kluge, but not as big of one as what MapInfo would appear
> > to be :-)
>
>To be fair, the SQL spec requires that unquoted strings be folded to
>upper case, so it's really PostgreSQL's violation of the spec that is
>biting here.

Yah, but following the SQL spec in that would violate my eyes :).

Would a compile time setting be easier to do than a GUC? Everything
unquoted folds up, and the system tables when doing initdb are all upper
case (UGH!).

That'll be fun to regression test tho ;).

Link.