Re: Need to vacuum multiple times for effectiveness? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lincoln Yeoh
Subject Re: Need to vacuum multiple times for effectiveness?
Date
List pgsql-general
I know that.

What I don't understand is why each time I decide to vacuum, I need more
than one vacuum to clean out lots of accumulated cruft.

Why do I need to issue two or three or even more vacuums before the tables
reach their fully cleaned sizes and states?

Regards,
Link.