Re: pg_dump in 7.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Philip Warner
Subject Re: pg_dump in 7.4
Date
Re: pg_dump in 7.4  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
At 12:39 AM 14/11/2002 -0500, Neil Conway wrote:
>Perhaps when the function is defined, we run all the SQL queries in
>the function body through the parser/analyzer/rewriter, and then
>generate dependencies on the Query trees we get back?

Won't work for functions that build dynamic queries. But it might be
interesting/worthwhile to allow user-specified dependencies; that way if a
user has problems with database dumps etc, they could manually add
dependencies for C functions, dynamic query functions (where possible) etc.
It's probably more trouble than it's worth, but worth considering.

Fax: (+61) 03 5330 3172          |                 ___________ |
Http://www.rhyme.com.au          |                /           \|                                 |    --________--
PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/