CVS doesn't compile initdb and other binaries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurent Perez
Subject CVS doesn't compile initdb and other binaries
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello

I'm trying to compile CVS version of Postgres to get rid of the
heap_mark4update bug ; the lines I used were :

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org:/projects/cvsroot co -P
pgsql-server
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org:/projects/cvsroot co -P
pgsql

compilation lines were :

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql-cvs --without-tk --without-tcl ; make
; make install
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql-cvs-server --without-tk --without-tcl
; make ; make install

Whatever I do, there is no binary for initdb created in the bin/
installation directory, I only get psql & postmaster. When I try to run
them with my 7.3.2 pgdata dir, it fails, saying : FATAL:  The data
directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 7.3, which is not
compatible with this version 7.4devel.

How am I supposed to compile all 7.4devel binaries from CVS ?

Thanks

Laurent Perez