Re: DeadLocks - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ryan Mahoney
Subject Re: DeadLocks
Date
List pgsql-general
I had experienced a similar problem with pgsql.  You may have some really inefficient statements utilizing all of your resources.  A good starting place might be to turn on query logging and then use the app and create a deadlock.  Then run all of your queries (that you have logged) manually in psql one at a time, paying close attention to the time they take to execute and the output from EXPLAINing them.  In my case I had a handful of queries that had tremendous costs... after some careful rewriting and testing the system works great now.

-r