Re: PostgresQL equivalent of NOCOUNT - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jochem van Dieten
Subject Re: PostgresQL equivalent of NOCOUNT
Date
List pgsql-general
Dwayne Miller wrote:

> SELECT nextval('mysequence') AS PKEY FROM DUAL;
> Your inserts and updates using #queryname.pkey#

I know, but it has 2 queries again, which is exactly the reason why I
don't want it (I am actually developing this to be used by others).
BTW, you can just call functions without a FROM, as in:
SELECT now() AS test

> One solution of many

I think I will just replace cfquery with cf_query. Then have cf_query
replace every insert with a function call (so I don't have to double all
the quotes manually), where the function takes care about the rest and
returns #insertedrecord.id# or whatever. Would probably be the easiest
way to explain to others.

Jochem