Fwd: PGXADataSource does not implement DataSource - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Bill Middleton
Subject Fwd: PGXADataSource does not implement DataSource
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
I accidentally left the list out of this reply.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bill Middleton <utvikler@gmail.com >
Date: Apr 21, 2007 12:05 AM
Subject: Re: [JDBC] PGXADataSource does not implement DataSource
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com>

Heikki wrote:
I'm not an expert on hibernate or atomikos, but I don't think hibernate
should ever see the raw PGXADataSource object. Whatever is handling the
connection pool, either Atomikos or JBoss, should get a connection from
the XADataSource object, and wrap that in a DataSource implementation of
it's own. That wrapper object is registered in JNDI, and hibernate gets
it from there.

Hibernates JTA implementation does use the ordinary usertransaction from atomikos (or jboss, presumably) as bound in jndi, but it seems to require the actual datasource to obtain initial information about the db, and possibly to create table automatically.  If I omit it, I get exceptions for not supplying a jdbc connection. And indeed, the XADataSource cast to DataSource  is cached in DataSourceConnectionProvider, its getConnection() method is called by several internal classes - but nowhere does it specify an XAConnection or XAResource so....

I guess I'll slink off and test this a bit more, before I conclude that its stable.

Thanks again,

Bill Middleton