Re: I: About "Our CLUSTER implementation is pessimal" patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Kupershmidt
Subject Re: I: About "Our CLUSTER implementation is pessimal" patch
Date
Re: I: About "Our CLUSTER implementation is pessimal" patch
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 5:49 AM, Leonardo F <span dir="ltr"><<a
class="gmail_quote"style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
/>HiLeonardo,<br />Perhaps you could supply a .sql file containing a testcase illustrating the performance benefits you
testedwith your patch -- as I understand, the sole purpose of this patch is to speed up CLUSTER -- along with your
results?The existing src/test/regress/sql/cluster.sql looks like it only has some basic sanity checks in it, and not
performancetests. An idea of what hardware you're testing on and any tweaks to postgresql.conf might be useful as
well.<br/><br />I was able to apply your patch cleanly and run CLUSTER with it, and "make check" passed for me on OS X
/>