Re: Help with plpython3u - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Help with plpython3u
Date
List pgsql-general
On 6/10/20 10:39 AM, PEDRO PABLO SEVERIN HONORATO wrote:
> I'm sorry, when I try to create a plpython3u function, the database
> tells me:
>
> "*ERROR: could not load library "C:/Program
> Files/PostgreSQL/12/lib/plpython3.dll": The specified module could not
> be found. SQL state: 58P01*"
>
> If I try to execute the function, then the database crashes.

Alright that was not fun. I pulled up an Windows 7 machine and installed
Anaconda and Postgres from EDB. I installed Anaconda with the defaults
you mentioned. I could not get Anaconda and Postgres to work together
with regards to Python. As you have found the PYTHONHOME setting
Postgres needs is picked up by Anaconda and prevents it from starting.
Dropping PYTHONHOME  allows Anaconda to work but causes plpython3u to
fail. To me the solution would be to have something like EDB_PYTHONHOME
that only the Postgres install would use. I could not find anything like
that though. I'm out of ideas. I now remember why I don't use Windows:(
I was going to point you at the EDB forums, but they don't exist
anymore. I guess you have to ask questions on Stackoverflow:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/enterprisedb

I would try there.

--
Adrian Klaver