Re: [HACKERS] Need a builtin way to run all tests faster manner - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Need a builtin way to run all tests faster manner
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/6/17 19:53, Andres Freund wrote:
> I'm just not quite sure what the best way is to make it easier to run
> tests in parallel within the tree.

make check-world -j2 seems to run fine for me.

With higher -j I appear to be running out of memory or disks space, so I
haven't checked that any further, but it seems possible.

You can also run prove with a -j option.

And we could parallelize some of the contrib/pl tests, e.g., plpython.

(The problem is that parallel make and parallel tests together might
explode a bit, so we might want some way to control which aspect we
parallelize.)