Re: [HACKERS] logical replication launcher crash on buildfarm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] logical replication launcher crash on buildfarm
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/16/17 14:55, Andres Freund wrote:
> I indeed think that's the right consequence.  One question is what to
> replace it with exactly - are we guaranteed we can dynamically lookup
> symbols by name in the main binary on every platform?

I think there is probably a way to do this on all platforms.  But it
seems that at least the Windows port of pg_dlopen would need to be
updated to support this.

> Alternatively we
> can just hardcode a bunch of bgw_function_name values that are matched
> to specific functions if bgw_library_name is NULL - I suspect that'd be
> the easiest / least worrysome portability-wise.

Basically a variant of fmgrtab, which addresses the same sort of problem.