Re: Slow queries when functions are inlined - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Evan Martin
Subject Re: Slow queries when functions are inlined
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks, Tom. You mean this bit, right?

->  Seq Scan on _test_pos  (cost=0.00..10728.00 rows=1 width=4)
         Filter:
((('0101000020E61000000000000000001C400000000000001C40'::geography &&
_st_expand(pos, 300000::double precision)) AND ...

I tried to find some info on selectivity estimation functions, but only
came up with
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/xoper-optimization.html which
talks about operators. Is there something similar for functions? Or does
the rows estimate come from the PostGIS && operator that's used
internally by ST_DWithin? Just trying to understand this better so I
know what to ask on the PostGIS list.

Thanks,

Evan