Re: Why can't I use pgxs to build a plpgsql plugin? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Why can't I use pgxs to build a plpgsql plugin?
Date
Re: Why can't I use pgxs to build a plpgsql plugin?  (Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 08.04.2012 11:59, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently wrote a plpgsql plugin. I wanted to enable the use of pgxs,
> to make it easier to compile the plugin, but I eventually found that I
> can't do that because the plpgsql.h file is not available in the include
> directory.
>
> I'm wondering if we shouldn't put the header files of plpgsql source
> code in the include directory. It would help compiling the PL/pgsql
> debugger, and profiler (and of course my own plugin).

Yep, I just bumped into this myself, while trying to make pldebugger
module compilable with pgxs.

> There could be a good reason which would explain why we can't (or don't
> want to) do this, but I don't see it right now.

Me neither, except a general desire to keep internals hidden. I propose
the attached.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas

Attachment