Why can't I use pgxs to build a plpgsql plugin? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Why can't I use pgxs to build a plpgsql plugin?
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I recently wrote a plpgsql plugin. I wanted to enable the use of pgxs,
to make it easier to compile the plugin, but I eventually found that I
can't do that because the plpgsql.h file is not available in the include
directory.

I'm wondering if we shouldn't put the header files of plpgsql source
code in the include directory. It would help compiling the PL/pgsql
debugger, and profiler (and of course my own plugin).

There could be a good reason which would explain why we can't (or don't
want to) do this, but I don't see it right now.

Thanks.

Regards.

--
Guillaume