pg_restore fails for postgis data dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stefan Schwarzer
Subject pg_restore fails for postgis data dump
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi there,

I just wanted to restore a dump which I did, which includes some postgis data. But, it doesn't work and instead I get this error message:

pg_restore: restoring data for table "boundaries_national"
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] error returned by PQputCopyData: server closed the connection unexpectedly
before or while processing the request.
pg_restore: *** aborted because of error

The log shows this:
LOG:  server process (PID 737) was terminated by signal 10
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat your command.
LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing
LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2008-02-01 15:07:12 CET
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/FC56620C
LOG:  redo record is at 0/FC56620C; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown FALSE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 0/8880241; next OID: 9551872
LOG:  next MultiXactId: 1; next MultiXactOffset: 0
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in progress
LOG:  redo starts at 0/FC566254
LOG:  record with zero length at 0/FC7435DC
LOG:  redo done at 0/FC7435B4
LOG:  database system is ready

What does it mean? The dump is from a 8.1 database, whereas the new one is 8.2. There is surely as well some difference in postgis version. Can it be linked to that? I am working with Leopard.

Thanks for any advice.

Stef

  Lean Back and Relax - Enjoy some Nature Photography
  Appetite for Global Data? UNEP GEO Data Portal:

Attachment