Re: loading a function from a file - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: loading a function from a file
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/26/2012 02:32 AM, and wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to know how to load a user defined function from a file
> written in pl/pgsql.
>
> I have read it on logging
> psql -h host database<   create_some_func.sql
> but then i am forced to redo the login.Is there another way to do it?

Not sure what you are trying to achieve? If the file/function is outside
the database and you want it inside, at some point you are going to have
to log into the database to make the transfer. If you are working in the
database using psql you can use the \i command:

test=> \i ~/some_dir/some_func_file.sql

If that is not what you are after, then we will need more detail.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com