"OLD used in query that is not in a rule" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gauthier, Dave
Subject "OLD used in query that is not in a rule"
Date
List pgsql-general

I get... "OLD used in query that is not in a rule" when trying to ref, for example, OLD.tblcol1, from inside a stored procedure.  Is this saying you cannot use OLD.* (or NEW.* I suppose) unless it's from within a trigger function (returns type "trigger")?

If so, is there some way to tap this info given that the stored procedure is running as part of a check constraint definition?

Thanks for any help.