Re: Content management system to build web site with PostgreSql, should it be WordPress - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: Content management system to build web site with PostgreSql, should it be WordPress
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/03/2012 11:16, Andrus wrote:
> I’m looking for a way to build web site which uses PostgreSql to store
> web pages and allow users to modify them.
>
> Admin user should able to create and changed pages using html editor
> from browser.
> Site runs in Debian Squeeze x64 VPS using Apache. There are  Mono 2.8
> and PostgreSql 9.1 applications running in this VPS.
>
> There is no PHP installed but it can probably installed if software
> requires this.
>
> CMS should provide nice dark theme for web site so that web designer is
> not required for this.
>
> WordPress PostgreSql plugin page
> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/postgresql-for-wordpress/
> states this this plugin is not compatible with latest wordpress.
> Also this plugin is not updated for a while.
> Joomla! does not run in Postgres DBMS.
> Drupal 7 seems to support it but comparing to WordPress Drupal usage is
> smaller.

Drupal is a very powerful CMS, and is very flexible - you can make it do
nearly anything you want. There are tons of free add-one modules and
themes available for it.

Core Drupal runs without problems on PostgreSQL, as do all the main
add-on modules you're likely to need (Views, etc); some
not-so-well-written modules may not, though it's not a problem I've ever
run into personally.

I thought Joomla could be made run on Postgres, though I may be wrong.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie